Terms and Conditions
"You" refers to the learner or pupil
"Idrive Driving School" And "us" or "we" or "ADI" refers to Michael Spooner trading as idrive Driving School
1. You must hold a current, valid driving licence (provisional or full), which you must produce, along with access to the counterpart on-line, on or in advance of their first lesson.
2. You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet/ 5 car lengths). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
3. You must notify your instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
4. It is hereby expressly agreed that this Agreement is made solely between idrive Driving School and you. You acknowledge that idrive Driving School has no liability to the pupil in respect of any injury, loss or damages arising from the use of the tuition vehicle or from the acts or omissions of idrive Driving School.
5. In the event of any mechanical breakdown or other cause, idrive Driving School reserves the right to rearrange the lesson to a time convenient to both parties.
6. Idrive Driving School will carry Motor Insurance covering you whilst driving in the tuition vehicle when accompanied by idrive Driving School or Driving Standards Agency Examiner.
7. You must pay the lesson fee in advance of each lesson. Block bookings must be paid for in full before the first lesson in that block. Unused prepaid lessons will be credited at the standard single hourly rate.
8. Payment may be made by cash or cheque or bank transfer. If made by bank transfer, the funds must be cleared before commencement of the first lesson.
9. All lessons begin when we pick you up and finish when we drop you off.
10. A minimum of 48 hours notice must be given in respect of lesson cancellations. If you do not give 48 hours notice you shall be liable for the lesson fee in respect of that lesson.
11. If we turn up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show we will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 10 minutes we will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson in full.
12. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your Instructor, no fee will be charged.
13. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, we will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to us and to the DVLA medical board. If considered unfit to drive you will be charged in full for the lesson.
14. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the ADI has a responsibility to the DSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. Driving Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
15. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DSA. We cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test.
All issued e-vouchers will not become active until payment is made. Payment confirmation will be sent by email to the recipient. You may cancel an issued and paid for e-voucher at anytime before the expiry date marked on the voucher for a full refund of the advertised value.
e-vouchers can only be used in exchange for driving lessons. All lessons will be charged at the normal lesson rate advertised on the day of exchange.
16. Idrive are not liable to You for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that:
* there is no breach of a legal duty owed to You by the relevant person or body
* such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach
* any such loss or damage, or increase in the same, results from breach or omissions by You
* any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevant person or body
Law applying to the terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.